Mubarak Begum is an Indian Ghazal and playback singer. She took her early training from Ustad Abdul Karim Khan.
She started her career with light music recitals with All india Radio, the Indian government radio. Her career as a playback singer with Hindi film industry started when she got a break in the movie “Aaiye” with the song “Mohe Aane Lagi Angrayi, Aja Aja Balam” for composer Shaukat Dehlvi. She also sang a duet with the then upcoming Lata Mangeshkar.
Her struggle, though continued as she was not considered for complete songs, most composers preferring to provide her with only a few lines instead of complete songs.
Even later, when she happened to sing seven songs in the Kamaal Amrohi film “Daayaraa”, the film sank and with that her hopes of making it big in the Hindi film playback industry.
1. Saraswatichandra (1968) (playback singer) (as Mubarak Begum)
2. Teesri Kasam (1966) (playback singer)
3. Arzoo (1965) (playback singer) (as Mubarak Begum)
4. Mohabbat Isko Kahete Hain (1965) (playback singer)
5. Shagoon (1964) (playback singer) (as Mubarak Begum)
6. Hamrahi (1963) (playback singer) (as Mubarak Begum)
7. Madhumati (1958) (playback singer) (uncredited)
8. Devdas (1955) (playback singer)
1. Madhumati (1958) (performer: “Ham Hal-E-Dil Sunaenge”)